Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hello Blog-World!

I finally found some free time to sit and blog! Oh Blog-World how I have missed you! Now to find the time to scrap!


It's been a crazy busy past few months... Lots of volunteering at the High School with concessions for the girls & boys bball games!  4 months of popping popcorn.........all good things must come to an end! 


I'm trying to make a point of using my camera more often...daily as a matter of fact. My kids are so photogenic...and I feel like I am running out of time to document their lives before they all leave for college.

I guess I'm panicing a bit after my Mom has passed away...it's just so strange to realize that I can never take another picture of Mom.  My last pictures of Mom are from Thanksgiving...Mom taught Lauren how to make the "ever-famous" Jello Pear Salad...YUMMY!



Mom had never taken the time to show me how to make this "holiday favorite"...but she was SO thrilled to share this special time with Lauren! I loved my Mom so much that day...and so proud of Lauren for wanting to spend that special time with Grandma!

Tonight Lauren and I were talking about Grandma...how it's so weird to walk into her apartment and not see her standing by the sink with her TV on "Owwwing & Ahhhing over the Bachelor"!  I miss her terribly...we all miss her!

Unbelievable to think that in the 14 years of Lauren's life that Grandma has spent 10 of those years living with us and being a huge part of Lauren's young life! Lauren, as well as Connor and Justin have been so blessed to have shared their daily lives with my Mom...I am truly blessed!

I love you Mom...

Thanks for checkin out all my "bolognie"!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful post...so uplifting and the pics made me smile!!!!

Wishing you a blessed day sweet friend...I have missed you!!!

Love ya girlie!!!

She's a Color Queen said...

Hugs to you!!